Why should you advertise your business here?
If you’re a business who employs or supports teachers then advertising on ex-teachers.uk offers excellent value for money:
- Ex-teachers.uk ranks top 10 for practically all relevant queries related to leaving teaching.
- As of March 2024, the Thinking of Leaving Teaching? group has over 12.6K members. The Thinking of Leaving Teaching? page, which has been running since June 2017, has 7.5K followers. I post a ‘Business and New Career Opportunities’ post in the Thinking of Leaving Teaching? Group once a month which includes the logos of businesses (as above) and a link to the Business and New Career Opportunities page on this website. You may also comment on the post which will further increase reach within the group.
- Businesses who advertise on ex-teachers.uk recommend it, such as Deborah Salsbury of The Reading Doctor who was the first to advertise in Jan 2020, and Jane James who added Little Voices in Jan 2022.
- Some people have found out about franchises through the group, for example:
What do you get?
Standard (for one year)
- Your business logo will be one of the ‘logos of businesses’ on the Ex-teachers.uk homepage – (as above). Your business name will contain a link to your website.
- Your business logo will be one of the ‘logos of businesses’ (as above) on the What Can I Do Instead of Teaching? page
- Your business logo and link to your business will appear on the Business and New Career Opportunities page, as well as embedding a video if you have one.
- A success story can be added to the Success Stories page at no extra cost.
- If you’re a business who offers franchises, then at no extra cost I’ll add your logo and link to your business to the What Else Can You Do? – Buy a Franchise page – as well as embedding a video if you have one.
Premium (for one year)
As Standard, with the following addition:
- You may post up to two adverts in the Thinking of Leaving Teaching? Group. If you are a member of the group then you will be able to interact with your posts to increase their reach and increase your brand awareness.
- Those posts will also appear on the Thinking of Leaving Teaching? page.
(* You are advised to join the group to interact with the posts as this will also increase the post’s reach.)
Advice for Facebook posts
If you choose the Premium, then you may post up to two adverts in the Thinking of Leaving Teaching? Group during the year. Being a member of the group will also allow you to interact with your posts to increase their reach and increase your brand awareness. Here is some advice for posts on Facebook:
- Include an eye-catching image or video.
- Do not include a link in the post. Instead, write “See link in comments“. Research data suggests that eliminating links from your post’s body text will increase your impressions and engagements with the new algorithms. Posts with external links in the comments perform better.
- Use minimal, concise and effective text.
Here is an example from Faye of Nature Makers who received several comments requesting information before the link was posted in comments:
If you are interested then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org