This site is for teachers who are at a crossroads in their career, maybe thinking of leaving teaching and asking, “What can I do instead?”
My Issues With Teaching
- Exhaustion & Work/Life Balance
- Effects Of Sleep Deprivation And Stress
- Michael Gove’s ‘War On Teachers’
- Leadership, Management & Bullying
- It’s No Longer A Job For Life
What Else Can You Do?
- “What can I do instead?” Some Tips
- Money Worries “I can’t afford a pay cut!”
- Moving School
- Go Part-Time
- Supply Teaching
- Jobs With Teaching Qualifications
- What Other Teachers Did Instead
- People Who Can Help You
- Where Do You Start? (CV)
- Jobs & Personality Profiles
- Job Hunting
- Completing Application Forms
- Interview Questions
- What Is Your Passion?
- SWOT Analysis & Business Plan
- Setting Up Your Own Business
- Trust and Credibility in Business
- Advantages & Disadvantages
When I started to think I wouldn’t be able to continue teaching, I had no idea what else I could do as a job. I left teaching at Christmas 2013 and have done several jobs since then. The list of contents, above, includes links to useful resources including my own shared experiences of leaving teaching, and those of others, to help unhappy teachers start to think about what else they could do, and also provides information about jobs for ex-teachers and how to go about applying for them.
I set up the Facebook page, Thinking of Leaving Teaching?, in 2017 to help people who have reached a crossroads in their teaching career and were thinking of leaving teaching but had no idea what to do next. ‘Like’ or ‘Follow’ my page to ensure you don’t miss out on new posts.